Ummera Smoked Products Ltd is looking to recruit a part time Smoker Apprentice to assist the existing small team at Ummera Smoked Product producing niche high quality, hand crafted smoked salmon, poultry and bacon. If you have a passion for quality food and want to help provide our customers with the very best, please email your CV today to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position: Smoker Apprentice
- Position Type: Part Time: 5 day flexible schedule 9am-1pm.
- Hours are dependent on business demands with a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Location: Ummera Smokehouse,Timoleague, Co. Cork
- Remuneration: Starting pay: basic hourly rate
- Start Date: Immediate start
- Assisting the Smokehouse Manager in all aspects of the smoking operation
- Hand filleting salmon
- Pinboning, trimming and slicing smoked salmon.
- Brining, smoking and packing other products, chicken, duck and bacon.
- Filleting and marinading salmon for Gravadlax
- Operating fish skinning and slicing machines
- Setting-up and cleaning-down of skinning and slicing machines
- Making up weighed packs of sliced salmon
- Vacuum packing and sleeving sliced packs
- Making up orders of finished product for dispatch
- Cleaning of processing and storage areas
- Disposal of fish offal to wormery
- Tracking goods inward and through processing, and completing relevant paperwork
- Assisting with stock-taking
- General maintenance jobs (includes grass cutting when the weather is nice!!)
- Completing all relevent HACCP and company documentation correctly and accurately and forwarding to the correct department
- Moving of heavy goods/equipment in accordance with the companys Manual Handling policy
- Any other additional duties as reasonably requested
- Skills & Requirements:
- Reliable and detail orientated
- Hands-on and dependable
- Ability to be flexible and communicate well with others
- Commitment to the objectives of the Company
- Food industry experience desirable
- Must be able to speak and communicate in English
- A knowledge of HACCP and Basic Food Hygiene is advantageous but full training will be given.
Ummera has one full time Manager, one part-time admin/office staff, two processing operators and additional staff at peak periods (ie Christmas). We are a very small family company and we all tend to lend a hand in whatever area when needed.
Please email email@example.com with your CV.
Closing date for applications: 18th September 2015